Natarajan's blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

 

Cross Cultural Sensitivity

Hi,

I happened to attend a training programme on Cross-Cultural sensitivity in my organization. My initial opinion about the whole course was that, it would be a discourse on how to conduct oneself in various situations in a land that follows a culture significantly different from ours. In fact, I went to the classroom with a rather closed mind.


I had missed the crux of it. Half-way through the class I realised I hadnt understood the topic. Though the class had its share of do's and dont's, it was mainly about being sensitive. Why people of a different culture are the way they are? That was an eye-opener. By observing, reflecting, investigating and enriching ourselves, we will understand people better and relate to them better.


Above all it was a fun filled learning day.


Natty


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   August 2004   September 2004   November 2004   February 2005   May 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?